It’s time for another edition of the LoCo Lowdown! There are a ton of great breweries in Loudoun County, Virginia and today we are covering one of the most aggressive: Adroit Theory
Adroit Theory: The Essentials
- 404 Browning Ct. Unit C Purcellville, Virginia 20132
- Hours: Wed-Sun 12-8
Entering Adroit Theory is a bit like entering another world. Located in an industrial park in Purcellville, you are first great by a giant banner with a lengthy, ominous mission statement. Beers have ominous names and more ominous art. Despite being a small brewery, they often have 20+ beers on draft, and an extensive supply of bottles.
Brews to Choose
Try everything! No really. Adroit really goes for it and so sometimes there are misses along with hits (I remember a Thanksgiving stuffing flavored beer last year). But the hits are worth it and they tend to always have really interesting stuff on draft. Adroit doesn’t do flights, but they do individually priced small pours. Here are some of favorites.
- The EBK Series is their double/triple IPA. The current one (Until They Kill Me) is great. Also track down the Here We Go or Open Your Eyes if you can find them in bottles.
- The B/A/Y/S series is another winner. It stands for Black As Your Soul, and is a fantastic Russian Imperial Stout.
- G/I/A/A stands for God Is An American and is another tasty IPA.
- Want a good sour? Go with the Illusion of Safety. Need something Belgian? Try the All I See if Carrion.
See what I mean by ominous names?
That’s it for this week! We’ll be back next week with more great beers, and until then –