This week we’re covering the best beer in my hometown of Hanover, PA! We’ve already covered Aldus Brewing, and today we are moving to the Hanover Square for some Miscreation!
Miscreations: The Essentials
- 6 Center Square, Hanover, PA 17331
- Hours: Su: 1130-6, M-Th: 4-1030, Sa 1130-1AM
Located right by the Picket, the Civil War statue commemorating the Battle of Hanover (you didn’t know about the Battle of Hanover? It’s the reason Jeb Stuart was late to Gettysburg!), Miscreations serves beer seven days a week in a beautiful, two level location featuring great exposed brick and excellent beer! Want food while you are here? Miscreations doesn’t serve their own food but you can order from Italian place Divino’s (across the square) and they’ll bring it right to you.
Brews to Choose
Flights let you pick four, but there are eight brews on tap (one of them is usually a cider from local Big Hill cidery) so just get two flights and try everything.
- Looking for Hops? Go with the 5.3333 IPA or the Limited Visibility Double IPA. I don’t know what the 5.3333 means either – I meant to ask and forgot!
- Spweach Impediment: this unfortunately named Peach Hefeweizen is a favorite of many.
- Want something dark for these cold months? The Spirit in Black is an Oatmeal Stout that will hit the spot.
For those with matrimony on the mind – CoCo’s Bridal is right across the square! Operating in the square since early 2017, CoCo’s has everything you need if you are looking to dress like the best for your formal occasion. Check her out at: http://www.cocosbridal.com/
And in the interest of fully promoting the family businesses (and because you made need to see a financial planner after buying that wedding gown), Smith and Company CPAs are just a few blocks away in one of the town’s oldest buildings. Learn more at: http://www.smithandcompanycpas.com/
I don’t want to get married, I just want a hot dog. That, too, can be accomplished in downtown Hanover! Check out either the Famous Hot Weiner or the Texas Hot Lunch and get some world famous chili dogs. As for them with everything (with or without chopped onions depending on your preference).
- Famous Hot Weiner: 101 Broadway, Hanover, PA 17331
- Texas Hot Weiner Lunch: 38 Carlisle St, Hanover, PA 17331
On Friday we’ll cover one more great Hanover brewery! Until then, best brews!